On Tuesday, we celebrated Keith’s 31st with an impromptu trip to the beach with our kiddos. This was our first time taking all three of them so we were a little nervous, but they did great and we can’t wait to go back! I wasn’t sure how Brady and Addie were going to react to the cold ocean, but they both loved it just as much as Aubrey did.
We spent a few hours there and then packed up and headed home. Keith and the kids went to his sister’s for a bit while I did some food shopping and made this amazing no-bake dessert! This is a must for any s’mores lovers in your life. Keith is obsessed with s’mores so I knew I had to make this for him!
I know it might not look incredible, but I have a few tips stored away for next time I make this so it looks a lot better (I should have listened to the recipe: use individual glass bowls. I would also suggest mini marshmallows if you don’t have a kitchen torch and have to broil them. Otherwise you get a crispy top and the middle is still cold).
No Bake S’mores Cheesecake
For the crust:
~ 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
~ 1 tbsp granulated sugar
~ 4 tbsp melted butter
For the filling:
~ 25 regular sized marshmallows
~ One 8oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
~ 1/4 c powdered sugar
~ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
~ One 8oz container of Cool Whip, thawed
For the ganache:
~ 3oz semisweet chocolate chips
~ 3oz heavy cream
~ 6 marshmallows, toasted (or mini marshmallows if you are using your broiler!)
- In a medium sized bowl, stir the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide the crumbs evenly between 6 serving dishes and press into the bottoms to form a crust. Place the dishes into the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and beat for an extra minute.
- Place 25 marshmallows in a separate large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds. Use a buttered spatula to stir until smooth, and then add the marshmallows to the cream cheese mixture and beat for an additional minute. Use spatula to fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon the cheesecake onto the graham cracker crust and place back into the refrigerator while you prep the chocolate ganache.
- Add chocolate to a heat-safe bowl. Bring the cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 3-4 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Spoon the ganache over the cheesecake and place back into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Just prior to serving, top each dessert with a toasted marshmallow.
Thank you to My Baking Addiction for this amazing recipe!